Saturday, June 05, 2010

Cooper Alan Johnson!!!!

Wow, we have a son!! I had been feeling uncomfortable on Sunday and Monday already; but Tuesday morning I was getting really uncomfortable so we decided to call my doctor. Due to Miley's quick delivery my doctor made me go to the hospital to get checked out. At the hospital they discovered I was having regular contrations. My doctor decided to keep me over night to monitor my progress. Wednesday morning things were moving along enough that my doctor decided to break my water, the little guy seemed he was ready to come. My water was broken around 5:30 and little Cooper Alan Johnson was born at 7:14 p.m. He weighed in at 6 lbs 2oz and 19 inches in length. We were so thankful to find out that even though he was born 4 1/2 weeks early, he was healthy and not in need of the NIC-U. Our great friend Ashley was able to deliver Cooper. We also feel blessed that my parents were able to meet Cooper 5 min after he was born. Big sister Miley is adjusting very well and asks to "hold Cooper" often.
This is the NIC-U staff assessing Cooper right after his birth. They all agreed he is healthy-praise God!!
A very rare picture of Cooper with his eyes open. I've only seen his eyes three times so far.
This was one of my favorite moments...introducing Miley to her little brother.
This is my favorite picture of Cooper so far. My two favorite men!!!

We love you Cooper!!!

1 comment:

Ridenour Ranch said...

Oh Yay!!! What a wonderful family and perfect baby boy! OMG Ashley delivered you!?!? That's crazy! So did you get an epidural in time this time around? Was it a better experience? It sounds like it was so that's good. I hope you are adjusting to two kids and another newborn well:) Love you Amy Jo!